12.21.2009

booksssss.

i really love to read. but during school i just seem to forget how much i love reading--probably due the lack of time and desire to read after my homework is finished.

i woke up today with the incredible urge to go to the library. so i did. and i came home with four books (a bit ambitious for the break, i know). the books are incredibly varied, and i'm really excited about all of them...

1. someday this pain will be useful to you by Peter Cameron [this is kind of a teen angst novel, but not. it's high-level (uses bigger and more complicated words and sentences than most books found in the Young Adult fiction) and has been compared to Catcher in the Rye. so far, it's great]

2. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe [this is a classic. i could have read it for extra credit this semester but did not get the chance to. i still wanted to read it though, so i got it... call me a nerd.]

3. Viola in Reel Life by Adriana Trigiani [every series of books needs an easy-read teen novel. it's about a girl who has to move from NYC to a boarding school in Indiana. "I saw a full moon over a pristine lake, and I met a boy and I didn't panic, and he kissed me three times, and I laughed and I had fun and I danced. In Indiana!" precious, no? yes.]

4. garbage by A.R. Ammons [this is a poem (a 120-page-long poem) that i have started reading before but never got around to finishing. i really love it, though. and i do want to finish it.]


i must be crazy to want to read all these over my four-week break from school...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm very pleased to have my book surrounded by such good, interesting company. I hope you enjoy it. Best Holiday Wishes -- Peter Cameron

Samantha said...

Nope - you're not crazy. I brought home probably 8 books to attempt to read in the two and a half weeks that I am actually in Conway. :)

Georgia said...

i have a pile of books as well...2 of them are Teen novels, and 1 of them was bought in the Children's section. ;)

noel said...

oh my gosh you are so cool that the author commented! whoa! i want to read that. p.s. i love "things fall apart". after you read it / before, go read "the second coming" by w.b. yeats - his poem is the source of the epigraph of achebe's novel and i love them both in an odd way.