8.30.2009

selfishness.

"and it scares me to think that i would choose my life over you. and my selfish heart divides me from you, it tears us apart." - barlowgirl

if this doesn't describe me and convict me, then i don't know what does. my selfishness has been convicting me quite a bit lately...

on tuesday, i am leading/helping lead worship in chapel. this means i will be singing in front of 450 judgmental high school students. i know, i usually am one of those students. i am so scared. i really really want to do this, but the call from mr. faulk today made it reality. i realized that this time, i will be the one up on that stage being judged by almost every single student in my high school. they will be judging how i sing, what i'm wearing, my facial expressions, how they see me outside of chapel. it's going to be so intense and overwhelming. but i'm so excited.

i'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

katie said...

yay!! i'm so proud of you!! :) it's tough but so great!!