2.03.2009

simplicity

so this is my second post in 24. very very uncharacteristic of me. but this is necessary. i just finished a conversation with a friend of mine. -- i wish there were a better word than friend or even "best friend." i mean i guess this person could be considered a mentor or accountability partner... but i feel like she's more like my sister -- anywho... she asked me to pray for her, she was stressed.

"I am having a really hard day -- I am hating everything in the world -plastic, concrete, col- eveything-- I hate that humans are so dumb and we make things important that have no eternal value at all - like mla, plaigerism, and college - I think it's partially because I am stressed but I do not see the point in all this stupidity."

she, a lot like me, would much rather be able to appreciate the simple things in life than have to deal with extras. she said she was so stressed and asked if that was normal... she felt like she was crazy. right when she said that, i realized that i do the exact same thing! i get too stressed because people make such a big deal out of small details that will never matter. EVER. sure, they will help me write papers in college, but past that, it doesn't matter how i express my point, as long as i get it across. we get so caught up in the stupid extras... and that makes me so frustrated sometimes! I know it's probably a little bit irrational but I really don't care right now. I just want to be able to enjoy what's going on without being so caught up in what people expect of me (especially when these things are really stupid). but aghhhhh. okay I think I should stop now before I get too carried away...

"I just want simple-simple plans, simple hopes, simple home, simple faith (because it is-not stupid add ins you know) simple peace, simple beauty in weather...simple."

No comments: