2.02.2009

broken from the start

life is a gift like fresh cut roses. cut from the branch and brought inside. it's a slow contradiction. it's beauty in a vase. when the cords are cut that's when we start to die. lately death and life get so confusing. I can't tell the difference here tonight. lately every breath feels like I'm kissing death. and when time is dead we cease to be alive. if you hide yourself deep inside. deep inside. in time you've got nothing left to hide. there's nothing left inside. tonight honey, I'm gonna break your heart. mine was broken from the start. broken from the start. choice is the only thing we're given. for one to live another dies. one road says hello, the other says goodbye. and the road that you don't choose begins to die. they won't pay a cent to hear you laughing. they might pay a little to hear you cry. if you do it long enough, they might even pay attention. but they still won't pay respect until you die. if you hide yourself deep inside deep inside. in time you've got nothing left to hide. it's all dead inside. tonight honey I'm gonna break your heart. mine was broken from the start. broken from the start.

-jon foreman

basically I love this and wanted to share it. the bolder part is my absolute favorite. I love it a lot. the end.

No comments: