12.09.2009

"for You alone are worthy, for You alone are worthy, for You alone are worthy Christ the Lord..."

tonight, in an acoustic, coffee-house setting i was left alone in my thoughts. we sang those words over and over. the beauty of dozens of teenagers taking a break from studies and whatever else is going on in their lives to worship our Savior amazes me. but that song isn't what got to me... we sang "Be Near" by Shane and Shane. i almost lost it. you know those songs that make you cry every time you hear them? yeah, Be Near is that song for me. i don't even really know what was going through my head, other than the simple thoughts of God's incredible love for us--something i often take for granted. i really don't know why i'm telling you this, or even where it is going, but i guess i feel like i just needed to vent a little bit. i really don't even know.

No comments: